Outcomes / Exam Results 2020
Continued outstanding Post -16 success at Cardinal Pole Catholic School - August 2020
Cardinal Pole Catholic School is delighted to report continued outstanding Post -16 success at the school. Students and staff have worked well together to overcome the challenges of post 16 preparation, especially this year, securing 22% A*A Grades, 63% A*-B grades, 88 % A*-C grades and 100% A*-E grades. Already graded outstanding, these results have continued to improve year on year. It is rewarding to see that our results continue to be well above local and national outcomes and that our progress measures at the school continue to place us in the top 2% of schools nationally. Vocational results in Business were exceptional, with 70% of students achieving the maximum grade of D*D*D*. Many students secured exceptional individual results, including Helena Boateng who achieved AAA and a place to study HSPS at the University of Cambridge, Joel Owusu-Ansah who secured A*A*B and will study Medicine at Kent and Medway Medical School, and Toyosi Olaribigbe who with A*A*A will study Computer Science at the University of Birmingham.
Headteacher, Jane Heffernan, said “these results have provided a platform on which students can build a successful future.” Most students have accepted places at top universities, including the prestigious Russell Group Universities of Cambridge, Bristol, Warwick and Birmingham. They will be studying a wide range of subjects including Medicine, Law, Architecture, Chemistry, Maths Business, and Nursing, and prestigious apprenticeships. Ms Heffernan was delighted to welcome Annie Gammon, Director of Education in Hackney, to the school to join in the celebrations with staff, students and Governors. Fr David Evans praised the work of staff and the efforts of students throughout this challenging time. Ms Gammon congratulated the students in their achievements, recognising that these results enabled our students in Hackney education to go on to contribute to their community and the wider world.
Exam Results 2020
|Headline Measures||2019||2019 National||2020|
|Progress 8||0.38||-0.03||0.8||Well above National|
|Attainment 8||4.9||4.67||5.3||Well above National|
|% English & Maths||41||43||79||Well above National|
- GCSE results for 2020 are again strong, improving steadily over 3 years on all measures.
- Students for 2020 are exceeding national attainment on almost every measure.
- The percentage of students securing English and Maths is up on 2019 continuing an upward trajectory.
- Progress 8 score is once again highly positive, currently estimated to be at 0.8, which based on 2019 data and places the school well above national for progress.
|A Level, %||2019||2019 National||2020|
- A Level results are well above national average, graded outstanding, and continues to rise.
- Grades achieved were very close to school predictions and targets, demonstrating the robust assessment process at Post 16
- These results suggest an ALPs Grade 1 - Outstanding, is again retained, demonstrating the strength of Sixth Form provision at Cardinal Pole Catholic School.
- Students in the Sixth Form are well prepared for the next stage in their education with exceptional progression to top universities.