Following the Catholic Schools Inspection in April 2023, the key findings were as follows:-
- Cardinal Pole has a strong sense of community and inclusivity based on living out the values of Catholic Social Teaching.
- The leadership and vision of the Headteacher, senior team and Governors is inspirational; they are outstanding witnesses to the gospel in their direction of the school.
- Pastoral care is outstanding and there is a strong commitment by all members of the school community to help the most vulnerable.
- The Religious Education Department is well run and achieves outstanding outcomes for pupils.
- Prayer is woven into the fabric of school life and leads pupils to a deeper understanding of their Christian faith.
In October 2016, Cardinal Pole Catholic School was inspected by the Diocese of Westminster and was graded 'Outstanding' in all areas.
Following Ofsted’s March 2022 inspection, the school continues to be judged ALPS outstanding post 16, and has been since 2016. In particular, to extract a few points, the report states:
- Leaders have high expectations for all pupils and ensure that pupils study a broad range of subjects.
- Pupils show genuine warmth and care. They behave kindly towards one another, making the school a harmonious place. Bullying is not tolerated.
- Pupils appreciate the school’s focus on both academic and extra-curricular activities.
- They value the personal and social development that is provided. They also feel very well supported.
- Pupils really enjoy school and want to achieve.
- They are committed learners and take advantage of opportunities given to them.
- The school celebrates the diversity of its community, and this resonates through all aspects of school life.
- Leaders and governors support the well-being of staff and pupils.
- Staff appreciate leaders’ actions to support them with their workload.
- Staff said that they enjoy working at the school and like being part of a cohesive team.
- Staff said that they feel valued and proud to work at the school.
See link below for full report.
In January 2017 Cardinal Pole Catholic School was inspected and was acknowledged as Good with Outstanding Sixth Form grade and Outstanding grade for Welfare and Safety.
The full report can be viewed by clicking on the link below.
- Ofsted Report - January 2017
- Ofsted Report - February 2013
- Ofsted Report for Department of English
- Ofsted Report for Alternative Provisions
Please click here to go direct to Ofsted Website.