Appearance – Sixth Form Students Only
Students should dress in accordance with the Year 12 and Year 13 Dress Code. The Sixth Form dress code is designed to promote a positive image of the school. All sixth-formers are expected to adhere to the code. This dress code allows considerable freedom whilst ensuring that everyone's appearance is smart and business like.
The expectations are:
- Knee-length skirt (girls) / full length trousers (boys/girls) - Black
- Shirt with collar/Blouse - White or plain block colour
- Ties should be worn by male students on formal occasions
- V-necked Cardigan/jumper and/or smart jacket - Black
- Polishable dark shoes - not Vans, Converse, trainers or pumps
- All the above items are available from your local high street chains such as Asda, Marks and Spencer, Tesco, Peacocks, etc.
You are not permitted to wear:
- Any outdoor coat around the building. A tailored jacket is permitted
- Sports clothing
- Trainers/Flip-flops/canvas shoes/shoes containing any logo
- Jeans*/denim/skinny jeans or skinny trousers
- Strappy/revealing tops or bare midriffs/shoulders
- Leggings/jeggings/leather or leather-look trousers/skirts
- Skirts that are overly tight or short
- Hooded tops
- Non-natural hair colours
- You are expected to wear clean, safe and functional clothing, which is always appropriate to the study you are undertaking.
Under no circumstances will denim, baseball caps, hats, hoodies or shorts be deemed acceptable dress.
Failure to adhere to the above dress code will lead to the student being sent home to change. Students who persistently disregard the Dress Code will be referred to the Deputy Headteacher for Behaviour.
* Please note that trousers with back pockets and rivets, even if they are not denim, count as jeans and should not be worn.