Appearance – Sixth Form Students Only
SIXTH FORM STUDENTS ONLY
Students should dress in accordance with the Year 12 and Year 13 Dress Code. The Sixth form dress code is designed to promote a positive image of the school. All Sixth Formers are expected to adhere to the code. This dress code allows considerable freedom whilst ensuring that everyone’s appearance is smart and business like.
The expectations are:
- Knee-length skirt or dress/full length trousers
- Shirt with collar/blouse
- Ties should be worn by male students on formal occasions
- V-necked Cardigan/jumper and/or smart jacket
- Polishable dark shoes – not trainers, boots, pumps or Vans/Converse
- All the above items are available from your local high street chains such as Asda, Marks and Spencer, Tesco, Primark etc.
- Facial hair: Students to maintain tidy facial hair.
You are not permitted to wear/use:
- Any outdoor coat around the building. A tailored jacket is permitted
- Sports clothing in school or on the way to school
- Trainers/Flip-Flops/canvas shows/shoes containing any logo
- Jeans*/denim/skinny jeans or skinny trousers
- Strappy/revealing tops or bare midriffs/shoulders
- Leggings/jeggings/leather or leather-look trousers/skirts
- Skirts which are excessively tight e.g. bodycon, or are shorter than knee-length
- Hooded tops
- You are expected to wear clean, safe and functional clothing, which is always appropriate to the study you are undertaking.
- Under no circumstances will denim, baseball caps, hats, hoodies or shorts be deemed acceptable dress.
- Mobile phones/headphones/air pods should not be used around school they should be kept to the Sixth Form area only.
Failure to adhere to the above dress code will lead to the student being sent home to change. Students who persistently disregard the Dress Code will be referred to the Inclusion Team to address.
*Please note that trousers with back pockets and rivets, even if they are not denim, count as jeans and should not be worn.