Business & Economics
Head of Department
Welcome to our Business & Economics Department
Through studying Economics and Business, we hope that you will develop an interest in and enthusiasm in trying to understand the nature of business and how the economy works. We aim to answer questions such as:
What causes demand to increase?
- Why are some countries poor and some rich?
- Why don't the government make everything in the economy?
- What causes inflation?
- Which leadership style is most effective in running a business?
- Do big firms have the lowest unit costs?
- How do small firms effectively compete against larger opposition?
- Are oligopolies good
As a student of Business and Economics you will become skilled in making decisions and developing persuasive arguments, creative and practical problem solving, and analysing data. Studying Business & Economics could lead to work in a business-related profession such as accountancy, law, marketing, finance, management or politics.