Business & Economics
Head of Department
Ms De Souza
Welcome to our Business & Economics Department
The department places huge importance on the development of critical thinking and independent learning strategies, invaluable skills for life after school.
Through studying Business or Economics, we hope that you will develop an interest and enthusiasm in trying to understand the nature of business and how the economy works. We aim to discuss questions such as:
- What causes demand to increase?
- Why are some countries poor and some rich?
- Why don't the government make everything in the economy?
- What causes inflation?
- Which leadership style is most effective in running a business?
- Do big firms have the lowest unit costs?
- How do small firms effectively compete against larger opposition?
- Are oligopolies a good thing for an economy?
As a student of Business or Economics you will be expected to gain competency in quantitative skills, become familiar with a range of data used by businesses and economists when making decisions and developing persuasive arguments as well as enhancing your problem solving skills.
Whether you are interested in setting up your own business, stepping onto the corporate ladder or gaining a better understanding of how the world works, both are a great subject to study.